One of the most rewarding experiences of appraising fine jewelry comes from the stories gems and jewelry reveal. There were incredible pieces from the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s. Simon M., Rock N Gold Appraiser enjoys the discovery, the history, the stories behind the jewelry and the people; it is fascinating to see the progression of jewelry design over the years.
Some commonly needed appraisals include:
- Insurance Coverage: The most familiar type of appraisal, the insurance appraisal estimates the cost to replace your jewelry either with equivalent new jewelry or with equally desirable substitute jewelry of the same type, quality, age and condition.
- Resale Appraisals: Many people are taking advantage of high metal and gem prices by selling jewelry that is broken or damaged, or that they no longer use.
- Estate Planning: If you are setting up a trust and want to include jewelry, then you may need an appraisal.
- Charitable Contribution: If you are donating jewelry to a charitable organization.
Common Appraisals include the following (but not limited too):
- Clearly states the purpose of the appraisal
- Specifies and defines the type of value provided (replacement cost, fair market value, marketable cash value, etc.)
- Specifies the effective date of the appraisal
- Describes the jewelry in the detail
- Includes images of the jewelry
- Is signed by the appraiser with contact information provided
Jewelry appraisals are important if you have any fine jewelry of significant value. If you are curious to know the value of your jewelry piece(s) and would like a complimentary verbal appraisal, feel free to call 858-571-4560. For the most accurate appraisal(s) it is imperative that you go to a jeweler with years of experience. For more information about appraisals, go to our website: www.rockngold.com
Need a jewelry appraisal for insurance or any other purpose?
Call today at 858-571-4560 for an appointment.